Director of Marketing
The role reports to the CEO and is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all of the Company’s marketing strategies, marketing communication, and lead generation efforts to meet business objectives and to achieve maximum sales results for the company’s offerings within targeted markets. The current marketing department consists of two employees that will report directly to this position. The role will manage the team and provide branding leadership throughout the company. The role is a player/coach and will roll up his/her sleeves to accomplish the goals.
The position will develop and maintain information on the competitive landscape, defines market opportunities, and identifies and implements new go-to-market strategies. Provides general management and sales direction through contribution to strategic planning and identification of sales opportunities. Continually evaluate markets to identify opportunities for sales growth, and provides marketing knowledge and expertise to other members of the company’s sales and marketing teams. 2019 will mark the launch of a new product module that will drive much of the focus of this position.
- Establishes strategic marketing plan to achieve corporate objectives for its SaaS offerings.
- Directs tactical planning activities of marketing functions/personnel to achieve company objectives for sales volume, cost of acquisition and market penetration.
- Optimizes and modifies marketing technology stack to create ongoing efficiencies and momentum.
- Responsible for department staffing, motivation, training, development and evaluation of subordinate personnel and contractors in conjunction with goal setting and periodic review per company requirements.
- Introduces new product feature sets and products as dictated by the overall company strategy and roadmap.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, events, digital advertising and inbound marketing. Oversees development and creation of content strategy and branded sales support materials.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Accountable for the efficient performance of functional marketing activities, including:
- Sales, market and opportunity forecasting
- Digital advertising strategy and execution
- Competitive intelligence
- Marketing communications (both prospect and customer facing)
- Inbound marketing efforts including funnel management and content strategy and creation.
- Evaluation of current pricing & packaging and formulate new offerings as dictated by market opportunity
- Management and optimization of the marketing technology stack
- Market and customer surveys
- Establishes and maintains contact with existing and potential customers. To enhance customer perception of company’s products and services, actively participates in selling efforts to support key accounts and high sales level.
- Together with Customer Success, Engineering and Sales management, prioritizes product/service development programs for the company. Holds regular monthly meetings to review status of current projects and develop the need for new products/services.
- Resolves conflicts and facilitates changes in structure of marketing group to ensure objective fulfillment and swift response to marketing problems and opportunities.
- Provides leadership in continuing the transformation of the organization to a customer focused, marketing driven company.
- Seeks input from sales functions on products/services needed to grow sales.
- Ensures the articulation of the Company’s desired brand and positioning, assuring consistent communication internally and externally
- Together with the sales management organization, participates in the development and planning of the necessary initiatives to meet the companies sales objectives
- Optimizes marketing resources to ensure best return on investment.
- Manages marketing expense budgets to budgeted levels.
- Must be able to travel within global area (10+% of the time)
- Position has Marketing and Development responsibility.
- Responsible for managing marketing resources to create and develop a successful strategic vision for planning, budgeting and execution of global marketing programs.
- Requires high-level strategic and tactical abilities.
- Work is reviewed in terms of meeting organizational, financial and sales objectives.
- Accomplishes results through subordinate managers and supervisors.
- Sets performance standards and manages employee performance.
- Requires high-level presentation and communication skills.
- Full use and application of established sales and marketing theories, concepts and techniques.
- Knowledge of global privacy regulations related to marketing such as GDPR.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Analytically-driven decision making
- Strategic planning and development skills.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization, internally and externally.
- Mastery of spreadsheet use for analytics.
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Marketing technology stack expertise:
- HubSpot certified or demonstrated mastery in marketing automation
- Conversational marketing experience
- Website SEO and conversion path optimization experience
- Understanding and mastery of using video in a content strategy
- Demonstrated success in converting content and social media strategies into leads
- Past experience in event marketing
- SaaS lead acquisition experience
- Manage a team of of employees and contractors
- 5+ years progressive growth in saas marketing
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits after 30 days
- Matching 401K after 6 months
- Open office environment
GaggleAMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.